Use PING to Test for VoIP Connection Quality
- Try to find out the IP address of the gateway of your VoIP provider. One option is to simply call the company and ask.
- Open your computer’s command prompt.
- Type the PING command followed by an IP address — for example:
How can I ping my mobile?
“Ping” sends a small packet of data to your Android device and asks for a response.
- Press the “Menu” button on the Android device. Tap “More” and “Settings.”
- Tap “About Phone” or “About Tablet.”
- Tap “Status.”
- Click the Windows orb on the computer.
- Type “ping” followed by your Android device’s IP address.
Do VoIP phones have IP addresses?
An IP phone, much like a VoIP network, is connected to the internet via WiFi or ethernet. Rather than accessing data and making a call through a hardwired telephone line, IP phones request and send information via the connected IP network. IP networks (and IP addresses) are provided by your VoIP or PBX providers.
How much bandwidth is required for VoIP?
Minimum and Recommended Bandwidth for VOIP Service
|Number of Concurrent Calls||Minimum Required Bandwidth||Recommended speed|
|1||100 Kbps Up and Down||3 MBps Up and Down|
|3||300 Kbps Up and Down||3 MBps Up and Down|
|5||500 Kbps Up and Down||5 MBps Up and Down|
|10||1 MBps Up and Down||5-10 MBps Up and Down|
How do you ping someone?
Sending a Ping
To run a ping, open the command prompt by pressing “Windows-R” and entering “cmd.” At the prompt, type “ping” without quotes, enter a domain name, such as “google.com” and press “Enter.” The tool sends several pings and displays how long each takes to return.