Jump into the Cellular page in Settings, scroll down to the Photos app, and toggle the slider to off.
While you’re there, you can see which apps are using the most data.
Turn off cellular data for your worst offenders and any other apps that don’t need it.
How do I stop certain apps from using data?
Just follow these steps:
- Open up Settings on your device.
- Locate and tap Data usage.
- Locate the app you want to prevent using your data in the background.
- Scroll to the bottom of the app listing.
- Tap to enable Restrict background data (Figure B)
What happens when you turn off cellular data for an app?
You can turn cellular data on or off to limit apps and services from using the cellular network to connect to the Internet. When cellular data is on, apps and services use your cellular connection when Wi-Fi isn’t available. As a result, you might be charged for using certain features and services with cellular data.
How do you stop apps from using data on iPhone?
How to Stop iPhone Apps from Using Mobile Data
- Step #1. Launch Settings app → Tap on Mobile or Cellular.
- Step #2. Scroll down, you will see all the apps listed under USE CELLULAR DATA FOR. Turn off the apps which you don’t want to use cellular data for.
- Step #1. Launch Settings app → Tap on General.
- Step #2. Tap on Background App Refresh and turn it off.
How do I stop Instagram from using my data?
Instagram Help Center
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Cellular Data Use.
- Next to Use Less Data (iPhone) or Data Saver (Android), tap to toggle on.